What is the difference between Quick Scan, Full Scan and Custom Scan?
• ‘Quick Scan’ scans critical and frequently used paths. We recommend that you run Quick Scan daily.
• ‘Full Scan’ scans all paths in the system. We recommend that you run a Full Scan weekly.
• ‘Custom Scan’ scans the paths that you specify.
How do I uninstall Baidu Antivirus?
Uninstalling Baidu Antivirus:
- • First, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel, and then click Program and Functions.
- • Find Baidu Antivirus, and double click it.
- • Baidu Antivirus will display a repair page (below). In this page, you can update, give feedback, repair, cancel, or uninstall. For uninstallation, just click ‘I want to uninstall Baidu Antivirus’. And then click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, Baidu Antivirus will be uninstalled
Why does Baidu Antivirus notify me ‘Baidu Antivirus recommends you Quick Scan now’ but then finds no viruses?
There are several factors that may put your computer at risk and require you run a scan to confirm your computer is secure.
These factors include:
- • You may have not scanned your computer for a long period and the infected files have not been found.
- • Viruses have been found frequently in your computer before.
- • The last scan was not completed.
Can I recover a file that has been deleted by Baidu Antivirus?
Yes. Baidu Antivirus does not really delete the infected files. Instead, it puts the files into the ‘Quarantine’ from which you will be able to recover them.
Can two antivirus software programs run on my computer at the same time?
Yes, Baidu Antivirus is perfectly compatible with other antivirus software.
Why should I always keep my Baidu Antivirus up to date?
Frequent updates ensure the best user experience and antivirus performance to detect and remove any new viruses. Baidu Antivirus is automatically updated when your PC is connected to the Internet.
Why does one antivirus scanner detect a virus but another does not?
Every antivirus software has its core scanning engines and different techniques. Hence, there can be differences in the scanning results. Nevertheless, keeping your antivirus software updated can greatly improve its performance.
How do I contact the Baidu Antivirus Team?
You can contact us through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), our forum (http://forum.antivirus.baidu.com/), the feedback feature in the product's main interface, Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BaiduAntivirusEN), or Twitter (https://twitter.com/BaiduAntivirus) and give us suggestions or ask questions.
How can I get Baidu Antivirus to support my desired language?
You can use Baidu Antivirus' Language Translator tool to translate the program to the language you want. Then, you can share your language on our forum (http://forum.antivirus.baidu.com/), allowing other users to use it.